American Story: A Lifetime Search for Ordinary People Doing Extraordinary Things - Bob Dotson This was an ok book, my dad got it and gave it to me. I loved the concept that it was about normal every day people and why they do what they do. I also liked that the main idea of the book seems to be that life is hard but if you work through the hard times there is always something better coming in the future.

What I didn't like about the book was that all of the stories were very short and there wasn't a great amount of detail. With each short story I found myself asking a lot of questions that never got answered. This book is based on a TV segment that Bob Dotson did and I wondered if what we got in this book was the print stories of the 4 minute video stories that Bob did on TV.

Once again there is enough good stories in this book where it is worth your time but if you want to hear about American stories with a little more depth check out The Moth podcast or This American Life.