Purrfection: How to Achieve Balance and Happiness Through Your Cat

Purrfection: How to Achieve Balance and Happiness Through Your Cat - Sophie Macheteau Do you have trouble with stress? Is it hard to relax at the end of a busy day? There are lots of things you can do to unwind but the best medicine for dealing with the everyday craziness of your life is to buy a cat. Unless of course you already have one…or two…or three. If you have one you’re going to want to learn how to use your little furball to achieve a happier more peaceful life. Purrfection: How to Achieve Balance and Happiness Through Your Cat by Sophie Macheteau is your guide to a better relationship with your cat and a happier you.

I saw this book on Netgalley and noticed it was dealing with subjects that I had a lot of interest in, such as yoga, cats and mindfulness. There were also several cute pictures of cats and a history of cats that got me interested. This is a short book but it contains some great information on our feline friends. You will learn how to understand your cat’s body language, what their purring really means and it dives deep into what a cat’s meow is telling you. Cats are smarter than you think and this book gets into how smart they really are. Even as I write this one of my cats is watching me type and making sure that I don’t make any typos.

Another thing that I thought was interesting about this book was how it looks at places where cats are revered for their greatness. There is a section on an Island in Japan where the cats outnumber the humans and a cat cafe in Paris France. It even gets into yoga poses to do with your cats along with crafts to keep you busy and a quiz to see how well you know your furry friend. This book is a must have for cat lovers and its the type of book that you would want a physical copy of rather than an e-book. That way you would have the purrfect book to start a conversation with when people come to your home.