Bitten

Bitten - Alan       Moore The whole world is in disarray and Italy may be getting the worst of it. In the future Italy has left the EU, their economy is shrinking and their National debt is rising. The only financial market in the world that is doing well is the black market. The Russian Mafia is trying to find a buyer for a stolen rare painting which sets off an important chain of events.

Organized crime and financial problems in the world aren’t even the planets biggest problem. Humans are ruining the environment and the damage is irreversible. The ozone layer is depleting, global warming is on the rise and Nature has had enough. The planet starts fighting back by using the deadliest creatures on Earth to kill every person alive.

Bitten by Alan Moore is not an easy book to describe. The reason I was curious about it was because I couldn’t figure out what genre it was from its description. Even when I looked at some of the reviews for it they said that this book doesn’t fir neatly into any genre. I had to give Bitten points for originality right off the bat since it didn’t fit neatly into any category. Name a genre and this book has some elements of it: horror, Science Fiction, Detective novel, Erotica and Thriller, it’s all here. There is a lot going on in this novel, almost too much.

The novel had the feeling of a TV series with all of the different plot lines and the length of the book. What I liked most is all the information given on the effects of global warming. Alan Moore is trying to entertain you with good characters and a lot of action, but most importantly he’s trying to point out the repercussions of not taking care of our planet. If you are looking for a book that goes deeper than your usual novel into a topic that concerns us all then this is a good book for you.