Guest blog post: Chuck Waldron

Why write a conspiracy thriller?

I sometimes ask myself the same question. Why in one’s right mind would try and compete with today’s news. Conspiracy is one of the most searched words on Google? While The Cleansweep Conspiracy is loosely based on a real event, the story is a complete, total figment of my imagination. Freud reportedly said a cigar is just a cigar. For me, a story is just a story, intentionally created as fiction.

When you read The Cleansweep Conspiracy, you won’t find a story about FEMA coffins, Knights Templar, Area 51, Elvis sightings or the JFK conspiracy.

Reading thrillers is my passion. Not surprisingly, my writing follows that same passion. It’s great fun to put characters in harm’s way. It’s great fun to create characters that have that dash of evil thriller readers expect. Creating roadblocks and dead ends is a given, but always providing my character, Matt Tremain, with a way to keep going. He’s not a Hollywood hero. Matt’s flawed, yet filled with resolve to get at the truth of a conspiracy he’s uncovered. He’s committed to exposing the conspiracy, even at the cost of his life.

Matt is up against Charles Claussen, a character representing evil but looks the opposite. Maybe he’s like the saying that the Devil’s greatest trick is convincing us he’s not real.

The story woven throughout The Cleansweep Conspiracy could never happen in real life . . . or could it?

Read about Matt’s story, and you decide.

Chuck Waldron

Author, The Cleansweep Conspiracy and The Cleansweep Counterstrike

Chuck Waldron is the author of four riveting mystery, thriller and suspense novels and more than fifty short stories. Inspired by his grandfather’s tales of the Ozark Mountains and local caves rumored to be havens for notorious gangsters, Waldron was destined to write about crime and the human condition. Those childhood legends ignited his imagination and filled his head with unforgettable characters, surprising plots and a keen interest in supernatural and historical subplots.

With literary roots planted in the American Midwest and South, and enriched by many years living in the fertile cultural soil of metropolitan Ontario, Waldron now resides on Florida’s fabled Treasure Coast with his wife, Suzanne. While keeping an eye out for hurricanes, alligators, and the occasional Burmese python, visitors will find Waldron busy writing his next crime thriller.